Paul Matalucci, ABC*
*Accredited Business Communicator
Paul is a San Francisco–based communications consultant who specializes in employee communications. His corporate clients have included Applied Biosystems, Ask.com, Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard, and Quantum Corporation. His Asia Pacific clients include AXA Asia and China Light & Power.
He consulted on employee communications for the HP/Compaq merger and won a bronze Clio in 2000 for his work with Landor Associates on Agilent Technologies’ print literature standards.
For seven years, Paul has served as a Blue Ribbon Panel judge for the International Association of Business Communicators’ Gold Quill Awards. He was 2009 Gold Quill Chair. In that role, he launched the Gold Quill Mentorship program and new Social Media category.
- Silver Quill Award of Excellence, IABC Pacific Plains, “Pandemic Preparedness Communications Plan for Gilead Sciences, Inc.,” 2008
- Communicator Award for “AB Customer Forum,” 2005
- Communicator Award for “AB Discussion Series,” 2005
- Award of Distinction for “Quantum Corp. online newsletter,” 2001
- Bronze Clio 2000 for work with Landor Associates on Agilent Technologies’ print literature standards
- Golden Quill, Toastmasters International, 1998
- Interviewed by the South China Morning Post on July 2, 2011 regarding
best practices in layoff communications
- Trained managers in Hong Kong and Singapore to conduct RIF notifications
- Expanded operations to Asia Pacific with the opening of Wordwright’s
Hong Kong office in March 2010
- Served as IABC Gold Quill Awards Chair for 2009
- Designated an Accredited Business Communicator by the International Association of Business Communicators
- Facilitated employee communications for the HP-Compaq merger
- Designed a new communications infrastructure for Applied Biosystems
- Consulted for the Quantum-Maxtor merger
- Created Cisco Systems’ 2001 Internet Technology Division Communications plan