Senior Communications Consultant
Skilled in both strategic planning and execution, Margan produces compelling and distinctive communications that engage and deliver value for all stakeholders.
Equally comfortable in entrepreneurial startups and established multinationals, Margan brings a blend of creative, out-of-the box thinking and financial acumen to drive measurable results.
Margan has worked closely with colleagues in China, Japan, and India to ensure global distribution of critical business information and international employee engagement.
Her unique combination of skills includes messaging and stakeholder engagement; web development and optimization; media relations; multicultural communications; issue management; project management; strategic partnerships; corporate citizenship; and event production.
- Developed a communication platform for India Association for Savings and Credit in Tamil Nadu, India; presenting a distinctive and authentic story to prospective investors and highlighting their capital-raising model, growth strategy and social mission.
- As Vice President, Corporate Communications for
AMB Property Corporation (NYSE: AMB), served three years as company spokesperson, reporting directly to CEO. Provided top-level leadership for global brand marketing, PR, investor communications and web technologies; built, led and coached 12-person global team; managed multiple external agency relationships across several countries; and allocated multimillion-dollar annual budget.
- As Vice President, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations for Catellus Development Corporation (NYSE: CDX), served as trusted communications advisor to CEO and CFO. Served as key catalyst in repositioning company, leading to multimillion-dollar merger; managed internal and external communications throughout 6-month merger period.
- Earned a B.A. from San Francisco State University; attended Université d’Aix-Marseilles, France; Schiller College, Germany; and London School of Economics, England.
- Current President and past VP Finance of the San Francisco chapter of IABC; past Board Director and current member of PRSA; past Board Director and current member of the League of Women Voters.