Careers at Wordwright
Wordwright attracts people who care about work, each other, and the world around us.
- A commitment to world-class communications excellence
- An environment that welcomes creativity, initiative and independence
- Resources, tools and expertise to help you succeed
- Professional development opportunities, including orientation and periodic meetings onsite in San Francisco
- Direct access to international communication thought leaders
Job Title: Account Development Manager
Hours: Part time with opportunities for growth and promotion
Location: Hong Kong (home office, onsite with clients as required)
Salary: Competitive with bonus option
Requirements: Wordwright Communications, Inc. seeks a strong, articulate communications professional to represent Wordwright to the Hong Kong market. The position includes a significant portion of business development activity. The Account Development Manager reports directly to Wordwright’s president.
The ideal candidate:
- Is entrepreneurial, (i.e., willing and comfortable assuming multiple roles and responsibilities)
- Enjoys forming new relationships and maintaining them, eagerly seeking out networking opportunities
- Maintains a strong network of communications professionals in Hong Kong and across the Asia Pacific region
- Can independently identify and scope business opportunities
- Can both set and drive toward measurable business-development objectives and build a pipeline of prospects
- Is able to communicate with disparate stakeholders to understand their needs, concerns, and motivations
- Possesses exceptional writing and editing skills (English); uses clear, economical and straightforward language
- Can both read and speak Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Is able to absorb large quantities of information and distill the content into key points
- Is attentive to people and details, articulate and direct, well-spoken, intelligent, resourceful and enthusiastic
- Business development: identify sales opportunities and prospective clients; recommend and execute a strategy for introducing Wordwright services; provide project scope estimates for prospective clients
- Project management: identify project resources and assign individual responsibilities; review deliverables before client review; deliver on-time results that meet and exceed client expectations
- Project accounting: manage budget, track and report team hours and expenses
- Communication: effectively organize and facilitate team and client meetings
- Client management: develop trust and inspire confidence in client contacts; set and manage client expectations; continually seek ways to increase client satisfaction and deepen relationships
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4+ years’ experience in communications; experience in an agency or consulting firm is highly desirable
- Ability to perform under pressure and deadlines; poise and ability to quickly establish credibility with clients
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills; able to work independently as well as achieve goals in a team environment
- Advanced MS Office experience with the ability to easily learn new software applications as needed; understanding of social media and multimedia tools a plus
Founded in 1997, Wordwright is an award-winning agency that works with clients such as Amgen, Levi Strauss & Co, Hewlett Packard, and Cisco Systems. Wordwright focuses exclusively on strategic employee communications to increase employee engagement.
Wordwright partners with business leaders to help them articulate their vision and refine their messages. We ensure that employees understand that vision, support it, and are confident in the company’s leadership and direction.
In 2009, Wordwright won two Gold Quills and two Silver Quills from the International Association of Business Communicators, two Silver Anvils from Public Relations Society of America, and one Silver award from Magnum Opus.
For more information, visit www.wordwc.com
Contact/How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and short writing sample by email to Ed Kamrin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your salary expectations.
- The email subject line should indicate Account Development Manager—Hong Kong
- We will schedule a brief phone interview with qualified candidates.
- Final candidates will be interviewed face-to-face in Hong Kong. Top candidates will be asked to complete a short writing exercise.